One of the leading law firms in resolving contentious disputes in the banking and finance sector.
We have continuously been renowned for our unparalleled ability to resolve the most complex and contentious disputes in the Egyptian banking and finance sector.
What We Offer
Consistently providing the most trusted, successful legal advice in resolving banking and finance disputes, whether stemming from financial or commercial instruments, we have become aware of every trick in the book since our foundation in 1996.
What Sets Us Apart
Our rich procedural and substantive experience makes the difference when it comes to the endless tactics of banking and finance disputes. By having a deep knowledge and understanding of the Egyptian banking and finance industry, and thus anticipating the risks and their management in early stages, we have been able to come up with multiple favorable solutions for our clients over the past 25 years.
- Advising (with PwC) a leading global supplier for the design, construction, and installation of corrugated board packaging on the enforceability of commercial papers governed by Egyptian Law.
- Advising a leading Saudi Construction Group on the enforceability of several Islamic Finance agreements governed by various MENA laws.
- Successfully representing Dream Land Group in its banking saga with two Egyptian banks: Acting in one of the most fought-out legal battles in recent history before Egyptian courts, Shehata & Partners had to resort to innovating and creating original procedural tactics and substantive arguments outside of the box on a continuous basis to successfully annul a USD 250 million CRCICA award. View Case Study
- Successfully representing Arco Steel in a highly contentious dispute in relation to letters of guarantee: Shehata & Partners successfully defended Arco Steel against Korean steel giant Posco’s procedural tactics in a dispute worth USD 14 million. Our deep understanding of the practice and approach of the Egyptian courts when it comes to banking and finance disputes enabled us to do so. View Case Study
- Representing Hochdorf Swiss Nutrition in a Cash against Documents (CAD) case against three Egyptian banks.
- Successfully representing (with Norton Rose Fulbright) BNP Paribas in the enforcement of its assignment of rights against a shipping company located in Egypt.