Dr. Nour Shehata has 40 years of experience spanning several parts of the MENA region and has been trained in civil law jurisdictions such as Egypt, France and the UAE.
Dr. Shehata has been teaching procedural law for the last 30 years in both Egyptian and Emirati universities while working for 6 years in an esteemed law firm in Dubai, and 3 years at Shalkany law office in Egypt. In 1996, Dr. Shehata founded Shehata & Partners law firm to fill a gap he perceived in the Egyptian market.
Capitalizing on his academic excellence and practical experience, Dr. Shehata developed a niche experience in high profile, complex disputes, leading several Egyptian and foreign entities in multimillion dollar disputes before Egyptian courts and arbitral tribunals.
Most notably, Dr. Shehata was the team leader in the Dream Land Group Banking Saga amongst many other major successes.
- Banking & Finance
- Real Estate Development
- Representing a medical appliances company in one of the highest-profile antitrust litigation cases in recent Egyptian history.
- Representing Europe 2000 in successfully annulling its CRCICA award against an Egyptian administrative authority.
- Representing a shareholder in Suez Canal for Educational Services in nullifying a repurchase agreement.
- Representing a multinational FMGC company in a case concerning a shareholders’ dispute.
- Representing a multinational pharmaceutical company in IP litigation.
LL.B Cairo University, Egypt
LL.M Cairo University, Egypt
Ph.D. Limoges University, France
- “Egyptian Civil and Commercial Procedural Law Treatise,” Dar El-Nahda Al-Arabia, (2014)
- “Third-Parties in International Commercial Arbitration,” Dar El-Nahda Al-Arabia, (1996)