The Central Bank of Egypt (“CBE”) has launched a few years ago an initiative for concessional financing for small and medium enterprises (“SMEs”) at concessional interest rates of 5% and...Continue reading
Our Power and Renewable Energy Experience has covered the following:
- Preparing a Regulatory Note addressing the IPP Model in Egypt including a detailed overview of both the Net-Metering and the Wheeling Schemes in Egypt.
- Preparing several extensive reports on the Egyptian Feed-in Tariffs program for renewable energy in Egypt to Grupo COBRA, Solairedirect, and a leading regional clean energy firm. The reports included an analysis of the Feed-in Tariffs program, a map of actions and permits required to ensure the project is successful, and a comprehensive summary of the application process.
- Advising several qualified developers and financial institutions under the Egyptian Feed-in Tariffs program for wind and solar projects. Our work included preparing extensive legal study on the FiT regulatory framework and implementation and assistance to developers in SPV incorporation, land availment, application for interim power generation license and issuing security bonds to the government.
- Advised the International Finance Corporation (IFC) on its financing of projects under round one of the feed-in tariff program in Egypt.
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on one of its first financings of an IPP in Egypt under the Net-Metering Scheme.
- Advising several solar energy developers on key bankability issues in the corporate PPA sector in Egypt.
- Advised several Egyptian and foreign renewable energy developers on developing template power purchase agreements (and term sheets) under different regulated schemes; namely Net-Metering and the Wheeling Schemes. These solar energy developers include, inter alia, LightSource Hassan Allam Utilities JV, Yellow Door, Intro Group, Enara, and Infinity Power Systems.
- Advised Environ Adapt Company on developing a template offtake agreement (and term sheets) for the sale of alternative fuels (RDF) to a Cement Factory.
- Advising Karm Solar on drafting a bankable O&M Agreement for the operation and maintenance of a solar power plant. This template is based on the Open Solar Contracts Initiative after adapting it to the Egyptian Legal Regime.
- Advising Intro Group on developing a bankable template of an Energy Performance Savings Contract (ESCO).
- Advising Enara Energy Services on developing a template for a Resendtial PPA.
- Advising Karm Solar on drafting a bankable EPC Agreement for the operation and maintenance of a solar power plant. This template is based on the Open Solar Contracts Initiative after adapting it to the Egyptian Legal Regime.
- Advising a major Chinese power corporation on the nuclear regime in Egypt. Our work included preparing an extensive report on the legal framework of implementing Nuclear Power Projects on an Engineering, Procurement, and Contracting (EPC) basis.
- Preparing a comprehensive report for Shanghai Electric on the legal framework of implementing power projects on Engineering, Procurement and Contracting (EPC) basis. Our report included an overview of Egyptian foreign investment regulations, public procurement, market admittance for construction contractors and implementation of power projects in Egypt.